I get commissions for purchases made through the following links. This is at no extra cost to you and helps support my website.
This is my fourth pepper grow update for 2019. I spent a lot of time extracting plants from the hydro systems (DIY system, AeroGarden Bounty and AeroGarden Sprout) and transplanted them to 20-ounce wicking cups. I moved all of the primary plants down to the basement and put under the HLG-100 light in my grow tent. I moved the older plant that was under the HLG-100 and put outside the tent under a Mr. Hua ufo grow light.
I make commissions off of purchases made through links in this post. This is at no extra cost to you and helps support my website and YouTube channel.
I’ve called it the HLG plant because it’s the only one I’ve had under my Horticulture Lighting Group HLG-100 3000K light. The pepper plant is an unknown cross with Lightning Mustard Hab and has grown prolifically. I need to make room in the tent and make use of the light for this year’s pepper starts. So I pruned it way back, and trimmed the roots, and moved it from the 27-gallon tote to a 5-gallon bucket. I also changed the nutrients from Flora Nova Grow to Dyna-Gro 7-9-5. I’ll soon move it out of the tent entirely and put it under one of my red/blue LED lights. I’ll need to sanitize the grow tent and set up space for my new pepper plants.
Most of my pepper plants have been transferred out of the seed starting system and AeroGardens, into small wicking cups. I’ll probably put most of them in tote lids so they can all feed through the wicks out of the totes.
Here are some pics of the plant I just pruned back.
I make commissions off of purchase made through links in this post. This is at no cost to you and helps support my site and YouTube channel.
The peppers are doing well, but in desperate need to be transplanted out. Most have overgrown the systems they are in. I’ve been moving the largest ones to 20 oz Styrofoam cups, will need to move all of them out to the basement soon.
I make commissions from purchases made through links in this post. This is at no extra cost to you and helps support my website and YouTube channel.
I recently purchased a Ball herb kit from WalMart, in the canning section. They make them for a few different types of herbs, but the one I got was for growing Genovese Basil. It’s a basic passive hydroponic wicking system, three-inch net cup planter in a one-quart mason jar. The cost was around 8.00 or 9.00 dollars.
When I set it up, I made my own version using a standard three-inch net cup, microfiber wick, with the cup filled with coco coir. The Ball version uses mostly perlite, with a thin layer of coco, seeds, and a thin layer of activated horticultural charcoal over it.
Below is a video that shows the assembly, comparison between growers, and some time-lapses.
I earn commissions from purchases made through links in this post. This is at no extra cost to you and helps support my website and YouTube channel.
My third pepper grow update for 2019. The plants are starting to outgrow the AeroGarden Sproutseed starting deck. I have them moved to something bigger soon, hopefully by the next update or the one after.
These are items I use that are shown or mentioned in the video.
I earn commissions from purchases made through the following links. This is at no extra cost to you and helps support my website and YouTube channel.
From time to time, the aerator nozzle on the AeroGarden Sprout gets clogged. The most effective way to fix this is to take it out and clean it, but if you don’t have time for that, this is a quick and easy fix to get the air flowing again. All you need is a bendable dental gum brush.
Sansi sent me the light for free, to review it. Also, I will earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. This is at no extra cost to you and helps support this site and my YouTube channel.
Sansi recently sent me their new 40-watt Daylight spectrum LED grow light for review. This is a very nice light, with good, even distribution of light. The PAR values were not bad, considering the power draw of 35.5 watts.
Mr. Hua reimbursed my purchase of this grow light for an unbiased review. Also, I earn commissions for purchases made through the following links. This is at no extra cost to you and helps support my site and YouTube channel.
This is a two months update on the Mr. Hua 200 watt cob grow light. The light does very well, but I think the specs are a little exaggerated, as far as coverage area, and light intensity they claim. The plants I’ve had under it have responded well though. They advertise it as a 600 watt, but the actual power draw is around 200 watts. You can see my video update with time-lapse below.