This jelly turned out great. I’m sharing the recipe as it can be followed as is, or adapted using different fruits and peppers.
11 oz mixed peppers (Cereja da Amapa, CGN-20800, CGN-20800 cross and one Jay’s Red Ghost Scorpion)
4 1/2 cups of cane sugar
1 package of Sur-Jel powdered pectin
1/2 cup lime juice
Fruit from two pomegranates
1/2 cup blueberries
- Puree the peppers, fruit and lime juice.
- Add mixture to a large sauce pan and stir in powdered pectin.
- Bring mixture to a rolling boil (can’t stir down).
- Stir in cane sugar and bring back to rolling boil
- Boil for one minute
- Remove from heat and ladle mixture into sterilized jars.
- Hot water bath jars for approximately 20 minutes.
This yielded 11 4oz jars.
This is the equivalent blender that I used.
Video of the process:
As an Amazon Associate, I earn commissions from qualifying purchases made through links in this post. This is at no extra cost to you and helps support my site and YouTube channel.