I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. This is at no extra cost to you and helps support my site and YouTube channel.
The Kratky herb garden is easy to build and use, allowing you to enjoy fresh herbs any time of the year. It requires no electricity (aside from lighting) or pumps. You can start seeds directly in it, or transplant seedlings from other systems.
- Small tote
- AeroGarden baskets
- Biodome or AeroGarden sponges
- Nutrient solution
- Grow light (t-8 shop lights work fine and are inexpensive)
- 1.5 inch hole saw (1.25 inch works too. It’ll be a little tighter and sit higher up)
Steps to produce
- Take one of the AeroGarden baskets and mark holes on the tote lid for where you will drill. Try to keep them as evenly spaced as possible. For a small 4.5 gallon tote, I recommend using no more than eight.
- Using the drill and hole saw and drill out holes where marked.