- 6 ounces – White Bhut Jolokia (adjust more or less for desired heat level)
- 6 cups – Sugar
- 24 ounces – Pineapple (frozen is fine)
- 8 ounces – Coconut shreds
- 1/2 cup – White wine vinegar
- 1 packet – Sure-Jell brand low-sugar pectin
- 1 cup – Water
- 1/4 tsp – Salt
- Sterilize canning jars and bands ahead of time.
- Combine peppers, pineapple, coconut, vinegar, and water in a high blender and blend until smooth.
- Pre-measure sugar and add salt, set aside.
- Add the blended components to a pan and stir in pectin.
- Bring to a rolling boil, then stir in sugar/salt.
- Bring back to rolling boil and continue boiling for one minute.
- Remove from heat, and ladle into canning jars.
- Add lids and rings, and boil jars for 20 minutes.
- Remove jars and let cool.
This yields about 16 4-oz jars.
- Alternately you can mix half the coconut shreds in the blender, and the other half into the dry sugar. This will leave coconuts flakes suspended in the jelly.
See my video on jelly making here for more detailed instructions on processing.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn commissions from qualifying purchases made through links in this post. This is at no extra cost to you and helps support my site and YouTube channel.