As an Amazon affiliate, I earn commissions from qualifying purchases made through the following product links.
How to make a self-watering container for growing peppers – DIY step-by-step guide.
In the video below, I show step by step, how to build a self-watering container. These are also known as sub-irrigated planters. The bucket-in-bucket setup is a very common self-watering container design. They work similarly to the Earth Box and the GroBucket systems. They are a bit time-consuming to make. For an easier, simpler option, check out the GroBucket.
– 2 x 5-gallon buckets – https://amzn.to/3fBJqDz
– Drill – https://amzn.to/344EOR0
– 3-inch hole saw – https://amzn.to/3vgLw2b
– 1 1/4 inch hold saw – https://amzn.to/3hMNOCs
– 5/16 inch drill bit – https://amzn.to/3fcilaZ
– 2 x 3-inch net cups – https://amzn.to/3fDuULw
– Zip ties – https://amzn.to/2Sl3IZL
– 3 feet of 1-inch schedule 40 PVC pipe – https://amzn.to/348boRT