My pepper plants are coming along. I looked at some video for around this time last year, and this year’s plants seem a little behind in size in production. I think having them in small cups before plant out, and taking longer to set up them up with a constant nutrient feed, set them back a little. They should catch up and the harvests will just be a little later in the season.
I earn commissions from purchases made through links in this post. This is at no extra cost to you.
I’m getting very close to putting these out on the drip system. I still haven’t decided which kind of container setups I’m going to use this year. I’m leaning toward going back to Osmocote 14-14-14 for a while, just because I have a bunch of it already, would save some money. Then later in the season, switch them back to Dyna-Gro 7-9-5.
I earn commissions from purchases made through links in the post. This is at no extra cost to you and helps support my website and YouTube efforts.
This is my sixth pepper grow update for 2019. So far the plants are doing well. I need to set the basement wicking cups into something bigger to drink from. The extra/backup peppers are still wicking from the AeroGarden Bounty and DIY growing system.
I get commissions for purchases made through the following links. This is at no extra cost to you and helps support my website.
This is my fourth pepper grow update for 2019. I spent a lot of time extracting plants from the hydro systems (DIY system, AeroGarden Bounty and AeroGarden Sprout) and transplanted them to 20-ounce wicking cups. I moved all of the primary plants down to the basement and put under the HLG-100 light in my grow tent. I moved the older plant that was under the HLG-100 and put outside the tent under a Mr. Hua ufo grow light.
I make commissions off of purchases made through links in this post. This is at no extra cost to you and helps support my website and YouTube channel.
I’ve called it the HLG plant because it’s the only one I’ve had under my Horticulture Lighting Group HLG-100 3000K light. The pepper plant is an unknown cross with Lightning Mustard Hab and has grown prolifically. I need to make room in the tent and make use of the light for this year’s pepper starts. So I pruned it way back, and trimmed the roots, and moved it from the 27-gallon tote to a 5-gallon bucket. I also changed the nutrients from Flora Nova Grow to Dyna-Gro 7-9-5. I’ll soon move it out of the tent entirely and put it under one of my red/blue LED lights. I’ll need to sanitize the grow tent and set up space for my new pepper plants.
Most of my pepper plants have been transferred out of the seed starting system and AeroGardens, into small wicking cups. I’ll probably put most of them in tote lids so they can all feed through the wicks out of the totes.
Here are some pics of the plant I just pruned back.
I make commissions off of purchase made through links in this post. This is at no cost to you and helps support my site and YouTube channel.
The peppers are doing well, but in desperate need to be transplanted out. Most have overgrown the systems they are in. I’ve been moving the largest ones to 20 oz Styrofoam cups, will need to move all of them out to the basement soon.
I earn commissions from purchases made through links in this post. This is at no extra cost to you and helps support my website and YouTube channel.
My third pepper grow update for 2019. The plants are starting to outgrow the AeroGarden Sproutseed starting deck. I have them moved to something bigger soon, hopefully by the next update or the one after.
These are items I use that are shown or mentioned in the video.